Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brief Update From Katie (Via Her Mom and Tom)

9/30/10 Katie's mom sent me this update via email.  (Tom had sent her the info)

Katie is recovering from a bee sting on her hand.

She said the hot weather has been bringing out the tarantulas, and they have them in the house on a regular basis.

The team unity is doing great. Youth meetings are packed. Church services are being well attended.

Please continue to pray for Katie, her two ministry partners--Dina and Jimena--and the village of San Fernando.

When I chatted with Tom at prayer meeting last night

Tom mentioned that Katie was very encouraged by the amount of people coming to Wednesday night prayer meeting, which includes more adults than usual. 

He also told me that there have been several friends lately coming to the hangar to talk to her, which is great.  I am hoping that I can get others to write up short summaries to add to the blog sometimes, esp. when I am not making it to the hangar.

On a personal note, we are home from Peru but I have been pretty sick since last Saturday.  My hope is to make it to the hangar tomorrow.  I did talk to Katie briefly today from my house. Tom held the phone up to the radio.  I could hear her better than she could hear me, though, which could be due to my funny voice from the cold, who knows. It was fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment