Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to village life ;-)

God is so beyond good and His timing is perfect.





Hello Friends!


I am constantly reminded GOD IS IN CONTROL! It's great to remember that the whole world IS in this hands. Well, our lovely/unexpected/very needed time in Santa Cruz, Bolivia has come to an end.  Jimena and I , along with our new member DINA CONDORI, are going to fly in the little mission airplane back to San Fernando tomorrow. Our first stint in the village was two months.  Now our plan is to be there for four months before we come back to Santa Cruz for a break at Christmas. Please do stay connected to my blog, so that you can pray for us: www.missionarykatiewells.blogspot.com.  Several missionary friends of mine will take turns coming to the hangar to talk to me on the satellite radio to update my blog.


Please pray for:

Travel/logistics~ Tomorrow Greg will fly the three of us to Robore, then drop us off for 4 hours as he picks up a National missionary couple who are going to another village.  Then he will come back for us. The girls and I will have time in Robore to do a bit more last minute shopping for vegetables etc. Then around 2pm we will fly to San Fernando. Greg will stay for a day or so to put our additional solar panel up (that he has assembled himself:  SAMSOLAR) for the church.  The battery in our house was running a bit low on energy on the evenings we had church.  So I would appreciate prayer for Greg flying and our travel and all the solar stuff:  wiring, etc.

Health~ THAT MY GARDEN WOULD BE NOT DEAD! AND WOULD START PRODUCING VEGGIES!!!!! I'm bringing more seeds and will start more plants no matter what. The garden looked so nice before we left for our longer-than-planned break. Pray for Hernan, the only regularly-attending man of the church.  He has serious medical issues. If he is around in the town, and has not left the village, Greg will fly him out. Hernan is my hope of a future leader of the church.

Ministry~ That the three of us: Jimena, Dina and I will be unified of heart and mind. I DESIRE UNITY SO MUCH!!!!!! I believe it's so key in our effectiveness. Pray hard for that!!!!!!! For us to work, live and minister as a TEAM!!!!!!!! I PRAISE GOD SO MUCH FOR DINA!!!!! SHE IS THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS. She is finishing her Seminary career in San Fernando teaching a few things and being part of our ministry. AWESOME!!!!!!!! Dina recently broke her wrist, so she is in a full arm cast, which will make life a bit harder. BUT GOD HAS HIS PURPOSES IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Pray that the few Christians in the village would take ownership of ministry with us, and it would not just be us "running the show". Here are the names of the faithful Christians: Pastora, Bella, Adella, Mary Luz and Hernan. There are another handful who are "now and then" folks. Pray for them, too. There is SO MUCH alcoholism, witchcraft, and adultery in the town.  It keeps many people in a very dark place BUT GREATER IS HE WHO IS IN US THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD. I was a little shocked, but now am glad and ready to know there is a practicing witch in the town. Jesus is strong! I'm ready to fight on my knees for the souls of the people of San Fernando! It's a battle. Pray that we can reach the hearts of the youth and children and also the adults, and call them to Jesus.

Encouragement~ I had a great time in Santa Cruz. I've enjoyed so many things.  I know I didn't email nearly as many of you as I wanted, but I REALLY LOVED getting your emails on a flash drive that Greg brought out the one time he did that. That was so great, to feel connected with the outside world. I've also gotten letters from some of you! That really makes me smile and have a clearer perspective that I am not alone. I sent a few post cards from Santa Cruz.  Hopefully some of you will get those.

If you would like to contact me, please send emails to gregdahl@gmail.com with my name in the subject, and he will get them to me once a month.

It's late and I'm getting up very early. Thanks for your prayers. Let's seek God together with everything we have, recklessly surrender to our King and creator. I just started reading Jeremiah if you would like to study it with me!

All and only for God's Glory,

Katie Wells

Joshua 1.9

No comments:

Post a Comment