Friday, April 23, 2010

FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELT!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!
 ALL MY FLIGHTS WENT PERFECTLY!

On the long over night flight to Bolivia from Miami, in the early hours of the morning, most people were sleeping. It was dark in the cabin, except for a reading light of a man diagonal from me. It illuminated the back of the seat in front of him, making the simple written message stand out, "FASTEN SEAT BELT". My dialog with God continued, "God, I am yours. I am in your hands. You have provided yet again for me to live and minister to people of Bolivia." Then as my eyes fixated on those words, I felt as though God spoke. "Be alert". That is a direct challenge to me; to be alert in purity, through my thoughts, with my eyes, my words, and my actions. I know challenges will come, for the Bible tells me so ;-)

In my past years in Bolivia I have not always lived a surrendered life, I did not have God's protective seat belt on at times. But I have seen the results, and I praise God for his grace and mercy! And as much as I know Jesus washes my sins away, I know that the Devil is still at play. Please pray with me, "God, in this season of my life, BE GLORIFIED IN ME! JESUS WALK AHEAD OF ME, I WANT TO FOLLOW BEHIND YOU. That I would have the belt of  your protective word around my heart and mind, that I would be alert, and that the Holy Spirit would govern and protect me. Holy Spirit give me wisdom and a discerning spirit. My seat belt is on. I know challenges will come.


Well, my first day in Bolivia was wonderful. I was greeted with the hot humid air of Santa Cruz, and soon by many familiar faces. My suit cases all made it. My good missionary friend Dana and two girls from my Bolivian church, Cecila and Lauren, welcomed me with open arms. Later that morning I rested, and in the afternoon I went to meet some other SAM missionaries for our monthly small group prayer meeting and dinner. Next Wednesday the prayer meeting will be with all the missionaries.



 Thursday I went back to the airport with Dana to pick her Mother up. We later had breakfast together.

After resting I walked over to visit with Felizinda and Cora! I lived in Felizinda's house for the majority of the time I lived in Bolivia. She is like a mother to me and I felt like I was at home in her living room. Cora is Felizinda's grown daughter. We had a lovely visit. I gave them New York t-shirts, gifts from my mom to them. Eventually I walked back through my old neighborhood, greeting neighbors as I walked back to the South America Mission guest house. This city has a charm I can not explain. I love this city. I love these people. Yet, I am gripped with my calling to San Fernando. I love those people too, though I don't yet know them.

















TO NIGHT I WILL MEET CRISTINA! THE YOUNG BOLIVIAN WOMAN WHO WILL GO WITH ME TO SAN FERNANDO!




4 comments:

  1. We truly serve and AWESOME GOD. I will be specifically praying for your meeting with Cristina tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, this is such a great way for people to keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Katie, that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt what God is calling you to do and you are doing it. Love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- so glad you got there safely and that all your luggage made it too! I'm so excited for you and you are in my prayers! It is so great to be able to keep up with you on your blog. Love you!

    ReplyDelete