Friday, April 23, 2010

Cristina Gutierrez

We met in the plaza in front of the principle cemetery of Santa Cruz at 6pm. Then we walked a few blocks to find a restaurant not far away to sit and have dinner. We found nothing, so we got on a bus and rode until we saw one we both liked, then got off at a simple Chicken place. We had a very typical Santa Cruz meal:  fried chicken, french fries, rice and seasoned spaghetti, and Tropi (juice). We talked about many things! It ranged from simple to deep. I was much younger looking and not as tall as she thought. She was taller than I thought.

I learned MUCH more about her every day life, and her background. She was married before.  They lived together for 12 years! That is such a long time. Neither of them were walking with Christ when they met, but at some point in the middle of those 12 years, they started attending church, and it strengthened them both. They were very involved in their Baptist church, and even started attending seminary.  Then her husband started leaning away from God, and now it has been 2 years since he walked away from the church, seminary, and her. That must be so hard. But she has stayed strong in the Lord.

I told her about South America Mission and about my churches in the states. And we talked about San Fernando A LOT!!!! What life will be like out there, logistics and ministry.

Please continue to pray for logistics of how this is all going to work. Pray for unity, and peace in decision making having to do with ministry and logistics. She needs supporters...FROM BOLIVIA! Also please pray for her heart. Even though she is a busy person, the separation from her husband is still hard. He lives near by her with another woman. I don't think I could stand that.

Tomorrow is a conference for little girls from age 8-12, the Princess Conference. They will hear about how they are children of The King:  chosen and loved and how they are to act as Princesses! I will help with leading the girls in a few songs! And I will be one of many other missionary women to be at tables with the girls to have small group discussions.

Next week, I will be in more conversation with Cristina. I need to go to the dentist. I will also go to the optometrist. I need to get a back-up pair of glasses. Wednesday I will share at SCCLC's (the school where I taught for 5 school years) chapel service. I am really looking forward to sharing with my students my story of how God called me at a young age to be a missionary, and about the village I am going to live in. Also I will be connecting with the missionary doctor couple, to see when I can watch them do stitches, and when I could practice! AUH!

OH, I will fill you in more on things that are happening as they come. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! KEEP THEM COMING MY DEAR FRIENDS!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL! I FEEL SO LOVED AND SUPPORTED BY YOU! GOD'S HAND IS ON ME! IT'S SO COOL!

seek God.

1 comment: