Wednesday, April 28, 2010

yesterday, today, and tomorrow ;-)

Hello friends.

Well this weekend it was great to see the folks at my church, Iglecia Cristiana Misionara. For their moment for missions they invited me up and I spoke about my time in the states and what God is calling me to do in San Fernando. I think that was the most I have said in any Sunday morning service in that church. It was good. I feel like they are one of my home churches.  They support me in prayer and they gave me a financial gift when I left Bolivia in June.  That was unexpected. They have a missions heart, which is so neat.

Monday I went to the optometrist. I sat and waited 3 hours, which is fine with me.  The doctor was excellent, and it only cost me 30 Bs. to see him (That is about $5.00. Amazing.) I was told that they will have new frames in 2 weeks, so I will go back in two weeks to pick out frames, then a few weeks after that have new glasses.

Yesterday I went to school to visit with students and teachers. In the evening I took a taxi over to the Baptist Seminary to see Cristina and meet her professor, who will be her authority as she goes out ot San Fernando. It was good to meet him. He is very missions minded. He was much older than I thought; must be in his late 60s or early 70's.

Today I spoke at the junior high/senior high school chapel service at Santa Cruz Christian Learning Center. It was good to reconnect with the students and explain why I'm not going to be teaching at the school anymore. It went well.

In one hour will be prayer meeting  here at the South America Mission office building called "El Atrio".  The building houses a Bible Training Center called CIET, but we use it for our prayer meetings on Wednesdays. Afterwards the missionaries always eat dinner together. It's a nice time of fellowship.

Tomorrow morning I will meet with Dan Streibig, Director of SAMBolivia, and with Greg Dahl, director of SAMAIR. We will put a plan of action into place for MISSION:SAN FERNANDO. Tomorrow night, I am going to meet with Pastor Cesar (Cristina's "director") and Cristina. I want to get to know them some more. Then the three of us will meet more offically with Greg and Dan next Tuesday to plan this whole project/ministry.

Ok. I'll tell you more as I know it. Thank you for staying connected and praying for everything. I am SO VERY AWARE of my weaknesses and tendencies. Pray for God to continue to strengthen me as I ABIDE in Him, and pray that we can all be on the "same page" in these up-coming meetings TO GLORIFY GOD in San Fernando!

Thanks BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST!!!! AS YOU PRAY FOR THESE THINGS, IT'S LIKE YOU ARE HERE WITH ME!

LOVE IN CHRIST!
Katie Wells
a very simple jar of clay, 2 Cor.4:7

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your logistics, Katie,and for Cristina.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete