Thursday, August 16, 2012

It has been a month and a half now that I have been back in the States.

Fuente de Luz, Iglecia Evangelica del Oriente en SAN FERNANDO, may 2012
Hermana Bella is in the middle next to DAYSE AND JOSE LUIS
JOSE LUIS AND DAYSI are young Bolivian missionaries from the city of Santa Cruz
Pray for them. They continue the work in San Fernando right NOW!


MaryLuz serving Mate. She was one of my closest friends in the village. I miss her a lot, and having mate with her.



Doris is another of my good friends in San Fernando. She grew in the faith these last few years.  She made this cake and empanadas for my going away party.

Jose Luis and family, and I are waiting for the canoe.  This was their first time to cross the river, to meet the nice people on the other side.

My solar panels.  Praise God for solar power.  Because of it I didn't live in the dark like the rest of the town, and every one could enjoy light with me in the evening church services, of which there were 3 weekly, plus occasional movies.

Lurdres is very happy with her big piranha catch for dinner. She is a joyful lady who invited Jesus into her heart in April 2012.

This is taken in one of the classrooms at the school, between classes I was teaching.  On a break, some little girls came in to look at the pictures of my family that I had let the older girls look at.

SAN FERNANDO

Praise God for all He has done. As I sit in the guest room of my parents' home, in North Syracuse, New York, my mind is back in San Fernando.  I am so humbled that God worked through me to do such an AWESOME work out in that remote village.  I do not want to be a glory stealer.  God did so much in that village in two years. It was not all me. I was only the vessel through which He worked. The Church is beautiful, inside and out. And Jose Luis and his family are happily ministering in the village, as national missionary pastoral leaders. I have communicated with them.  They said that some men for whom some women and I had been praying, are now coming to church, and others want to be baptized.
Thank you so much for following me on this blog as I have been in San Fernando these last few years. Many times I would talk on the HF radio (like a Ham radio) and different friends of mine in the city would write up a blog entry for me. Other times I would type up something and save it on a flash drive and give it to the missionary pilot when he came in to the village once a month, and he would fly it back to the city, and upload it. Now I am back in the United States, thinking back to my life in the village. I am so thankful for God's blessing and protection. I could tell many stories of how God kept me safe... like unknowingly stepping on a coral snake... as I had flip flops on.. and I flattened it's head; or swimming in the river that I later found out had Anacondas. God protected me! There was much drunkeness in the village, but no one ever assaulted me, though they came to the church services and stood outside. Amazing. God is great. God is doing a great thing in San Fernando.
Continue to pray for the work God is doing in San Fernando!  I will continue this blog as long as I feel
like I should.

On a personal note: as of the end of September I am going on a long-term leave of absence from South America Mission, which means that I will not be recieving funds from South America Mission. Rather, I will be looking for a job, and praying about what God wants me to do next. Thank you for your support and prayers. Stay tuned.

I praise God every time I think of you. God is so faithful!
Because of your prayers, and God's Grace
WE WILL FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER WITH
BELIEVERS FROM SAN FERNANDO IN HEAVEN SOMEDAY!

Gratefully,
Katie Wells

1 comment:

  1. Dear Katie,

    I'm so glad we could make the journey with you thanks to all the technology at our disposal. Even though it was only through pictures, Facebook, and blog we still felt a part of your ministry.

    Blessings,
    Tom and Terri

    ReplyDelete