Monday, May 7, 2012


San Fernando,  Bolivia,
Deep in the middle of Eastern Bolivia, in the Pantanal
April 27th, 2012
Noon.

I COULD SHOUT WITH JOY! But my neighbors would think there is something wrong with me! MY STOMACH IS DOING SOMERSAULTS. MY ARMS ARE LIFTED HIGH IN PRAISE!  MY SOUL IS OVERFLOWING WITH LIFE AND GRATITUDE! I MAKE UP A NEW SONG AND SING LOUDLY TO YOU, GOD! My neighbors are used to that.  MY HEART IS FULL OF PRAISE! You have heard our cries. You oh God are REAL, ALIVE, LIVING HERE WITH US!

Just now I turned on the HF radio that is in a little building behind the church. I radioed to the SAMAIR hangar. Tom Throssel answered back and told me ONLY GOOD NEWS. All is coming together for Jose Luis and Daysi to move to San Fernando Wednesday next week! May 2! THANK YOU GOD! THIS IS SO EXCITING! I knew they were coming, but I didn’t know when… and it was feeling long… But with them coming May 2, that means I can leave before the 30th,  which will give me more time in Santa Cruz to finish there and to say my good byes. Thank you to all the people in Santa Cruz who have supported this San Fernando ministry. Thank you God. You are in control!!!

This is the effect of the prayers of many many people.

If you want God to hear you, get on your knees.  Let go of your pride.  Fast and pray with a clean heart and mind. Then God will move to promote HIS GLORY! HIS GOAL IS TO SHOW HIS MOST HIGH GLORY! IF YOU DESIRE GOD’S GLORY, PLEAD WITH HIM TO RAIN DOWN HIS HOLY SPIRIT AND HIS POWER AND HIS PLAN, AND HE WILL MOVE.  Do YOU desire for GOD TO SAVE MORE SOULS???? PRAY IN THAT DIRECTION and SPEAK!  Then watch HIM do awesome things with you, and around you!

This weekend I read a little 20 page booklet that was written by RL Troywer (sp?) about “Why God used DL Moody”. It was totally God glorifying about how surrendered Moody was. It was convicting to read of his consuming desire to share the message of Jesus’ saving grace for lost people. It woke me up from a bit of a routine life… ministry. I serve, I help, I visit, but AM I A POWERFUL INSTRUMENT OF GOD’S HANDS TO BRING PEOPLE TO CHRIST?

On Monday morning I started my personal crusade, praying God would consume me with himself, and open doors in conversation, that my conversation with people would all be directed to talking about deeper things of God, and eternity…. and how to know you are saved or how to be saved.  GOD OPENED THE DOORS. He brought Lourdes to me early in the morning.  I had gone to Dona Modestas house around 6 a.m. to have mate’, then walked down the road to Don Gumercindo’s house. I had not been there in months. Then Lourdes saw me, and came into their yard to sit with us. She said she was headed to my house…. So, after a little time, I excused myself and we walked back to the church. Lourdes thought she was there to ask me for a “pergamino”, but God had been readying her soul to receive him….   

 On Tuesday, I walked to a group of  houses a little further into the woods, set apart from the community. I thought I was only there to talk about having a bed made, but God had me stay for lunch, then Tedare (sp?) opened the door to talking about deeper things with my friend Loida! And she desired to accept the Lord! PRAISE GOD WITH ME!!! IT’S ALL BY HIM.  HE CALLS US TO HIMSELF. HE READIES HEARTS.

 On Wednesday in the Culto de Oracion, the church was full of kids and youth, with only one of the ladies of the church there. I shared about the most important prayer they could ever pray. I explained clearly what Salvation is, and lead them in the Salvation prayer.  Afterward, I asked if anyone of them who said that prayer for the first time were willing to stand up and come to the front because I wanted to give them a present.  A few kids quickly looked at each other.  I knew a few kids wanted to stand, but didn’t… except one little boy in the back. Quiri (pronounced ‘kitty’). His hand went up. PRAISE GOD! QUIRI RECEIVED JESUS INTO HIS HEART! I WILL SEE QUIRI IN HEAVEN!

 On Thursday, in the afternoon, three Christian ladies came over.  We continued our study on prayer, and prayed for many people afterwards. I told them I was not the only missionary here. They, too, are missionaries!

 In the evening, despite the cooler weather I walked across town in the moonless night with my flash light.  When I got to Candelaria’s house, she and Nilsa were drinking mate’. I joined them. They didn’t think I was going to come, because it had gotten cold that evening and seemed like it might rain later that night. Later Rosemary and her three kids came and a few more kids from the neighboring house.  I shared with them the meaning of Salvation:  the clear call from Jesus to come to him; that he is the ONLY way into heaven.

 This community knows who Jesus is. They know the Lord’s prayer by heart. They had some good questions about religion and baptism. Rosemary got saved this year when Felix Pedraza came to San Fernando, and Candelaria said she got saved during the visit of another missionary.  I led them in the Salvation prayer, for those who wanted to pray to receive Jesus. It was so great to talk with them and pray with them. God was moving in that place. The majority of the kids there were boys between the ages of 8 and 12! Thank you Jesus. Impact them. Change them, that they would impact San Fernando.

Today, Friday the 27th I heard Jose Luis and Daysi are on their way here! Thank you Jesus! Let me pass the baton to others who are filled with the Holy Spirit, and be the most useful in God’s hands to bring the Lost to Christ!

 HAVE YOU SHARED WITH SOME ONE TODAY ABOUT THEIR ETERNITY? You are alive by the Grace of God! So for GOD’S sake, SHARE HIM WITH THIS DYING WORLD IN NEED OF HIM. HE IS A LOVING FATHER WAITING WITH ARMS OPEN.  HIS JUSTICE IS BIGGER THAN THE BIGGEST MOUNTAIN , GRANDER AND DEEPER THAN THE SEA.  Salmo 36.6. His justice will punish sin, but his awesome grace erases it for those who desire that amazing gift and turn from their old way of life. If they turn from themselves, and to God alone, they can KNOW they are children of God.

We know the truth. We are called to share it! SHARE IT! LIVE IT! THAT IT WOULD POUR OUT OF US ONTO OTHERS! HOPE, JOY, REASON, SALVATION!!

GO TELL SOMEONE TODAY!!! REACH OUT TO YOUR WORLD!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie. This post gives me so much joy!
    There are not sufficient words to express how wonderful is this news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading of your excitement and joy are contagious. Thank you for the encouragement and boldness to go forth and tell others about how good He is. :O)

    ReplyDelete