Tuesday, August 31, 2010

a little 1am update.

It is 1am Monday night/Tuesday morning.....Santa Cruz, Bolivia is crazy as always. The music that is blaring from a club down the street reminds me that I look forward to returning to quiet little San Fernando next week. The conference last week--Tuesday until Friday--was great.  Thanks for your prayers.
I really learned a lot:  everything to do with sharing Jesus,  from sowing to harvesting and everything in the middle. We learned about how to evangelize and how to administer a church. It was so practical and useful. . There was barely time to breathe. We had workshop after workshop. I think Jimena and Dina learned a lot, too.  I'm so excited for our team work! We received some GREAT advice from two missionary pastors who live in towns from our area. They understand what San Fernando is like, and  had so many good things to advise us to do. That conversation alone made this whole trip worth it. I've bought some GREAT books as teaching resources!
   By Friday night I was tired. Late that evening while playing soccer on the cement court, Dina fell hard on her wrist. At midnight we decided she needed to go to the Emergency room.  We were in the ER until 3am ish. Saturday morning around 8:30 we were back there again. She had dislocated one bone and fractured another, poor thing. Three doctors "did traction" on her arm/wrist, then put on a full-arm cast. I think, hope and pray she will still go to San Fernando with us. She is planning on it... but it will be EXTRA HARD. BUT GOD'S PLANS ARE PERFECT. I KNOW THAT FULL WELL. So... we will see what exactly those are at some point. Pray that God would be glorified in it all.
    The two young doctors who helped her Saturday morning had SO many questions for me/us after they were finished with Dina's cast.  A few of their questions:  who we were...They wanted to know all about San Fernando and WHY IN THE WORLD I WOULD WANT TO BE THERE. It was so fun to tell them why! One of the doctors had MANY questions. I would like us to pray that HE WOULD FEEL THE CALL TO GO TO SAN FERNANDO AND HAVE A FREE CLINIC FOR A FEW DAYS THIS YEAR. On Wednesday I will go back with Dina and we will find him. GOD HAS WONDERFUL, CRAZY, GREAT PLANS FOR EVERYTHING, AND ALL FOR HIS GLORY! Pray for that doctor.

  On Sunday morning I spoke at Jimena's church, and showed pictures of San Fernando, while giving an update. In the evening I spoke at another Baptist church in Santa Cruz. GOD IS MOVING AND OPENING DOORS AND CALLING MORE PEOPLE TO FULL-TIME SERVICE FOR HIM THROUGH THIS "UNPLANNED" TRIP TO SANTA CRUZ.   It's all so crazy and wonderful!

This week is bonus, breathing and preparing time in Santa Cruz. I need to use my time wisely. One of the handful of things I need to do is to buy a cot. Dina will sleep in my bed and I think I will sleep in a cot. I saw army-like cots in the market last weekend.  I think that is the best solution to the issue of needing another bed.

Ok, friends, the loud music from the club closest to the base/guest house here has subsided... I can still hear music and cars but they are farther off. I would like to write more this week. I hope to do that.

My prayers for you and I are that our lives would be fragrant sacrifices to God, pleasing in his sight;
that our actions, words, thoughts, and songs would make God smile; that our lives would promote how Great OUR GOD IS; that we would be faithful as Christ's ambassadors, and that we would BE THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT, which only come from being constantly filled with the Holy Spirit. Full of the Holy Spirit... not full of ourselves ;-)

Grace and Peace to you my dear friends!
For God's glory alone,
Katie Wells

3 comments:

  1. God is sooooo amazing!! He does His work on us and brings about His purposes everywhere else too. Thanks for updating us Katie. We wouldn't know His mercy and grace if it weren't for the floods and fire in our lives that cause us to turn or lean on Him more than ever. Exciting news about others being inspired to go to SF and about the docs!! Praying for you 3, and God's timing in Dina's healing and joining you.

    Remember to take time... sleep, sit at the Father's feet (not just in prep time)...

    Love you,
    In Christ Alone!!
    Marylin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo! Such a great prayer letter! Thanks for keeping us informed! Will be praying for you all and for Dina's wrist and the doctor to come!

    Peace,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for healing and for you to use your time wisely.

    Also, will pray for God's hand in that doctor's life.
    Love from the Gullicksons

    ReplyDelete