Friday, August 13, 2010

A Break From San Fernando

I realize that I just wrote a blog post a few hours ago but there is news and while I have the momentum going, I might as well throw this up here too.  (Don't get used to this efficiency :)

Katie sent out a message that she was doing well but needed someone to contact her.  It was a good trial of the system that Tom, our SAMair leader who just returned to the field a few weeks ago, explained to me was a way for Katie to contact us if she needed us. If there ever was an emergency, she could send out a message that has been programmed to a few emails and phones and we would be able to respond by heading to the hanger and finding out what was going on via the radio. I have to say that I am happy to hear this as I had wondered what would happen if she needed us and no one was at the hanger. Maybe you had wondered this as well.

So, the news that Katie wanted to pass on was that there was a truck headed to Robore and she and Jimena would be hopping on and heading out of San Fernando for about 4 days.  The 8 hour drive will land her in a bigger town that contains Internet cafes and she will at least be able to call her mom. I hope that she will also be able to update her blog and fill in any gaps that have been missed as well as any new information.  I am sure that you also would like to hear directly from her.

Now we can pray for a safe trip, a restful break from small village living, and powerful Internet access.

1 comment:

  1. WOOO HOOO for a road trip!! Enjoy your get away Katie girl!! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete