Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chatting With Katie

So, this is what I look like talking to Katie in the very manly hanger office.  I was under the false impression that the radio that Greg will be installing at our home would give me a direct link to Katie anytime we wanted; however, Greg recently corrected this misconception telling me that the radio is for flight following and that Katie is on a different radio. Ugh! This means that I will make my weekly pilgrimage to the hanger to hang with the fellows while I chat with Katie.  Good thing one of those airplane men is my husband.  I am not looking forward to telling Katie that I was wrong.


I have talked to Katie a couple times since I last posted.  She asked for specific prayer regarding the following:

  • Unity with her and her co-worker
  • Sharing at all the services which she did not expect, pray for her to have wisdom in what to share.
  • Interaction with the town
  • (This one I am adding) Pray for her spiritually, mentally, and physically that she will have what she needs, lean into God and find rest as she goes about this new and very different life.
So far, she is having meals mainly with one of the Christian families.  She has not made contact with a meat man, but did find a place to buy bread and another place for milk.  It seems to be about who you know.

She is staying daily in the Word; personally studying Isaiah, Colossians with Jimena for devotions, and on Sunday morning and evening is sharing from Ephesians.

May God's word sustain her and you, her readers and friends, as well.

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amy!! You are doing a great job. Thanks for the good synopsis of Katie's words and needs. (Maybe you can hang some ruffled curtains up on the day you talk on the flight radio down at the hanger.:D ) I enjoyed your picture.

    Is everyone at your place well now? Are you getting settled in the new place?

    I will post some questions via email for you to to ask Katie from her accountability group here in MN one of these days.

    Blessings.
    Marylin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing us the hangar and where you talk to Katie on radio. You're a blessing, Amy. One word from me to my favorite daughter: Tranquila. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete