Monday, May 17, 2010

Mission Journey

Well, Saturday morning I took a crowded bus part way around the third ring of Santa Cruz, to Grigota. As I walked the few blocks up the road before I entered into a nice housing community to attend a house sale of a missionary friend to buy some house fixings, I got a phone call on my cell phone from Toni Mercado, a SAM missionary doctor who works with the Ayore Indians. Toni told me about a team of missionaries going to a far away community. The team would be all men except for one young lady, Marcee from Canada. Toni wanted to know if I would go along. Sure, why not? I had a few things planned but they could be moved. I said yes.  They  were planning to go by land, in Jeeps.  Marcee would need to leave San Jose by Tuesday night, but knowing how close San Jose is to Robore and Santiago and Santa Corazon (relatively) and having the desire to see people in those towns, I put together my own little trip... I know that when I fly to San Fernando on JUNE 14TH I will stay there for months and only come out briefly, so this time right now is my window of freedom, so to speak. How could I not take advantage of it to visit a few Believers in these towns and encourage and maybe teach them?  Here is my itinerary. Please pray for the logistics and ministry to the Bolivian Believers, even if it is briefly.

Today,  Monday May 17th, I'm in Santa Cruz.  I will take the train to San Jose (due east)
Tuesday. We will be in an Ayore village all day.  In the evening I will travel to Robore (east) by bus.
Wednesday I will travel to Santiago,  spending some time with Robore and Santiago Christians.
Thursday I will visit with disheartened believers in Santiago.  They have gone through a very hard time.
Friday I will come back to Robore and seek out more Believers that I know to visit and encourage.
Saturday I will meet up with the missionary pilot who is flying others to Santa Corazon. Santa Corazon is having their church anniversary, which is very exciting. They are a village that is only a bit larger than San Fernando, but they have a couple who is pastoring the church and doing a lovely job. They are Bolivian missionaries, which means they are paid by Bolivians in Santa Cruz to live out in Santa Corazon. I want to encourage them as well as the people of Santa Corazon.

Thank you friends for your prayers.

please do pray for me, for God to protect me and speak through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment