Sunday, April 4, 2010

PILOTS, SEEDS, PILLOW CASES, and A PAINTING.

Hello FRIENDS!

WHAT A GREAT EASTER DAY!!!!!! GOD IS SO AMAZING TO SEND HIS SON! TO LOVE US SO COMPLETELY!!!!!! To not only show us how to live, BUT, TO STAND IN THE WAY OF GOD'S WRATH FOR US, AND SUFFER FOR OUR SIN!  Yet, not only to die BUT TO COME FROM DEATH TO LIFE AGAIN! I serve the ONLY Risen Savior!


PILOTS
Well, I talked to the SAMAIR pilot, Greg Dahl, who is in Bolivia this evening. We talked over details of how this ministry in San Fernando is going to get started. He had some good thoughts. Before I move out into San Fernando for good with Cristina (my co-missionary friend) that we should make a short trip out there (from Santa Cruz, Bolivia) to visit and see the house I will be living in, and think what we need out there. Great idea. Continue to pray for Greg Dahl. He is flying alot, being that he is the only pilot in our mission right now. Normally there are 2 or 3 missionary pilots. Pray for God to bring SAM another pilot to help Greg with the flights. Also, please be praying about Greg's financial support. He only has one supporting church. If you would like to support him monthly or with a one time gift let SAM know. Maybe God is calling you to join him in his ministry of flying to remote villages and showing the love of Christ to many people! Pray about it, http://www.southamericamission.org/


SEEDS
Today I also spoke with Jason Weigner, SAM missionary from North Syracuse, now in Bolivia with his wife! They are expecting their first baby on TUESDAY!!!!! Also since he is an agronomer, we were brainstorming on things to grow in my garden in San Fernando. He has some GREAT ideas, and resources! PRAISE GOD! AND PRAY FOR Jason and Jenna ON TUESDAY!!!! 


PILLOW CASES and a PAINTING.
Today I did a little more packing for my return to Bolivia. One suit case is nearly full of books and ministry resources I've collected in these last 10 months... then the other will be clothes and shoes. When I was in Wisconsin a few months ago, spending time with my maternal grandparents, my grandmother and I ran across some beautiful cross-stitched pillow cases that my great grandmother had made! They are simple, white cases with lovely colorful stitched flowers on one edge. She said I could have them, since I liked them so much. Well, I love my grandmother, and these pillow cases remind me of her! So today, in packing, I put in the 3 pillow cases. Also, I added a small 8 inch oval painting mounted on a canvas that my great Aunt Mary painted. She is my grandmother's sister. It is a small and delicate oil painting of flowers in a vase. I love it! It's beautiful! And it's coming with me, to the wilderness of Bolivia.  I can not take much. And I do not treasure things in general, but just a few things that have come from the hands of those I love, I will bring. Oh, and I have a few of my great grandmother's old, yet lovely flowered hankerchieves. I'm sure I will be able to use them some how ;-) 


"God, thank you for loving me enough to send your son to live, die, and come to life again for me! You have blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. God, show me how to love others the way you have loved me.  God, help me think clearly on what to bring back to Bolivia.  Thank you for paving the way. Lord I trust You! Be my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment