Monday, June 17, 2013

First Day back in Bolivia

It seems more like a week, rather that just  one day. The long flight was fine, and wonderfully uneventful. As soon as the plane hit the ground I felt like I was home. As my four college students were the last ones to fill out Bolivian Visa paper work and to get throught the line, I welcomed the extra time. As we were met by smiles familur faces, my stress melted. I did not seem to even mind with the car we hoped to take would not unlock with the key fob. Our problem attracted the attention of a near group of older American men,, seemingly ready to go on a hunting trip of some sort. Our deparcture took a while, and we were all slowed down as a few people figured out the problem.

 God you are driving. This is your show. Julie from the team and I enjoined looking at the different low trees with the strange long green bean pod. Eventually the probelm with the car were solved and we all piled in. The morning was long at the South America Mission guest house, as we had a traditional breakfast with other missionaries. Then the team went to their rooms, and I went to dana's house to rest.... A few hours later we went to the plaza down town, had lunch, then walked through the Sunday craft fair behind the principal Cathedral. At 6pm our group plus seasoned missionary dana wilson drove to the guest house. The hours that followed were full of many people there to meet the Interns with me, or to fare well the 3 younge school teachers who were leaving the contry after teaching 2 and 3 years in Bolivia. The fellowship caried on until late. But it was sweet. Thank you Jesus for a great first day back here in Bolivia. It feels so familiur. I feel this is my life I'm coming back to. This is more my home that any where.

No comments:

Post a Comment